Click Arrow To Start Audio
I TIMOTHY: LESSON 1
I. TIMOTHY CHARGED TO UPHOLD THE SOUND DOCTRINE OF FATH (1:1-
A. Salutation (1:1-
1. Paul’s authority as an apostle
2. Grace – Mercy – Peace
B. The danger to sound doctrine in Ephesus exposed (1:3-
1. Danger of a different doctrine (v. 3)
2. Danger of fables and endless genealogies (v. 4)
3. Love out of a pure heart and true faith is the goal and a remedy to the vain talk (v. 5-
4. Danger of false teachings concerning the law (v. 7-
C. Paul’s thankfulness to be an example for the sound doctrine (v. 12-
1. Thankful to serve (v. 12)
2. Thankful recipient of God’s grace and mercy (v. 13-
3. Thankfulness and praise in doxology (v. 17)
D. Timothy committed to the good warfare of faith (v. 18-
1. According to prophecies (v. 18)
2. Demands faith and a good conscience (v. 19).
3. Example of Hymenaeus and Alexander who have made shipwreck concerning the faith (v. 20).
1. Paul says that his apostleship is according to WHAT of God?
2. In verse 1, who is our SAVIOUR?
3. In what sense is Jesus our HOPE?
4. What was Timothy to Paul?
5. Grace, mercy, and peace is found ONLY in Paul’s salutations of his letters to Timothy (True) (False)
6. A man should not be allowed to teach if his teaching is different from the doctrine of Christ. (True) (False)
7. What connection did fables and endless genealogies have among the Jews?
8. Why was the emphasis upon these things harmful?
9. What FOUR CHARACTERISTICS should be the goal of us all?
10. We are wrong to think a false teacher might have a moral problem and not just an information problem. (True) (False)
11. The teachers in Ephesus were teaching error because:
a. they were teaching that the gospel did not contain law.
b. they did not understand the nature and design of the Law of Moses.
12. The principles of God contained in the Ten Commandments are revealed in the doctrine of the Gospel. (True) (False)
13. What did the Lord see in Paul that was necessary in serving God?
14. Show why Paul appreciated the grace of God:
15. Explain the type of IGNORANCE Paul had before he was saved:
16. Give TWO CHARACTERISTICS of Paul that makes him a good example for the sound doctrine of faith:
17. What THREE FACTS about God give Him honor and glory?
18. Why did Paul pick Timothy to help him in spreading the Gospel?
19. What makes the “warfare: that the Christian is involved in “good”?
20. What was involved in Paul delivering Hymenaeus and Alexander unto Satan?
I TIMOTHY: LESSON 2
I. PAUL’S EXHORTATIONS CONCERNING PRAYER AND MALE AND FEMALE ROLES IN THE CHURCH (2:1-
A. Various prayers should be offered for all men (2:1-
1. Kinds of prayers: Supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings (v.1).
2. For Kings and all in high places (v. 2-
a. For the Christian to lead tranquil and quiet life.
b. Good and acceptable in the sight of God
3. God would have all ben be saved (v. 4-
a. One God
b. One mediator – the man Christ Jesus
c. Jesus gave Himself as the ransom for all.
d. The time has come for the testimony to be spoken – Paul appointed to teach the Gentiles.
B. Men’s roles regarding prayer in every place (2:8).
1. Lift up holy hands.
2. Without wrath and disputing.
C. Women’s role regarding dress and teaching (v. 2:9-
1. Proper adornment for women profession godliness (v. 9-
a. Modest, with shamefastness and sobriety.
b. Not ostentatiously: braided hair, gold or pearls, costly raiment.
2. Women to learn in quietness with all subjection (v. 11-
a. Women not to teach nor have dominion over a man.
(1). Adam (man) formed first, then eve (woman).
(2). Adam (man) was not beguiled, but the woman.
b. Women have the unique roll of bearing children.
c. Women will be saved if they continue in faith and love and sanctification with sobriety.
1. MATCHING: Match each SYNONYM of PRAYER with its best definition:
SUPPLICATIONS: ( ) A. Reverent address in taking hold of God.
PRAYERS: ( ) B. Meeting with God to converse freely, Especially concerning another.
INTERCESSIONS: ( ) C. Petition offered due to a deeply felt need.
THANKSGIVINGS: ( ) D. Expressing gratitude.
2. Give TWO REASONS why the Christian should pray for their leaders in government:
3. What is God’s will for all men?
4. Give FOUR REASONS why it is right in the sight of God for Christians to pray for the salvation of all men:
5. How do these four reasons relate to what we should ask for in such a prayer?
6. What was the nature of Christ that qualified Him as MEDIATOR between God and men?
7. In what places are men given the responsibility to pray? Describe the hearts and lives that the men are to have in connection with their prayers:
8. What are FOUR GUIDELINES the Christian must consider in her adornment?
9. What is FORBIDDEN of the Christian in her adornment?
10. What is the LIMITATION placed on a Christian in her role as a teacher?
11. Give TWO REASONS from God for this limitation:
12. Why does Paul bring up CHILD-