Click Arrow To Start Audio
I TIMOTHY: LESSON 2
I. PAUL’S EXHORTATIONS CONCERNING PRAYER AND MALE AND FEMALE ROLES IN THE CHURCH (2:1-
A. Various prayers should be offered for all men (2:1-
1. Kinds of prayers: Supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings (v.1).
2. For Kings and all in high places (v. 2-
a. For the Christian to lead tranquil and quiet life.
b. Good and acceptable in the sight of God
3. God would have all ben be saved (v. 4-
a. One God
b. One mediator – the man Christ Jesus
c. Jesus gave Himself as the ransom for all.
d. The time has come for the testimony to be spoken – Paul appointed to teach the Gentiles.
B. Men’s roles regarding prayer in every place (2:8).
1. Lift up holy hands.
2. Without wrath and disputing.
C. Women’s role regarding dress and teaching (v. 2:9-
1. Proper adornment for women profession godliness (v. 9-
a. Modest, with shamefastness and sobriety.
b. Not ostentatiously: braided hair, gold or pearls, costly raiment.
2. Women to learn in quietness with all subjection (v. 11-
a. Women not to teach nor have dominion over a man.
(1). Adam (man) formed first, then eve (woman).
(2). Adam (man) was not beguiled, but the woman.
b. Women have the unique roll of bearing children.
c. Women will be saved if they continue in faith and love and sanctification with sobriety.
1. MATCHING: Match each SYNONYM of PRAYER with its best definition:
SUPPLICATIONS: ( ) A. Reverent address in taking hold of God.
PRAYERS: ( ) B. Meeting with God to converse freely, Especially concerning another.
INTERCESSIONS: ( ) C. Petition offered due to a deeply felt need.
THANKSGIVINGS: ( ) D. Expressing gratitude.
2. Give TWO REASONS why the Christian should pray for their leaders in government:
3. What is God’s will for all men?
4. Give FOUR REASONS why it is right in the sight of God for Christians to pray for the salvation of all men:
5. How do these four reasons relate to what we should ask for in such a prayer?
6. What was the nature of Christ that qualified Him as MEDIATOR between God and men?
7. In what places are men given the responsibility to pray? Describe the hearts and lives that the men are to have in connection with their prayers:
8. What are FOUR GUIDELINES the Christian must consider in her adornment?
9. What is FORBIDDEN of the Christian in her adornment?
10. What is the LIMITATION placed on a Christian in her role as a teacher?
11. Give TWO REASONS from God for this limitation:
12. Why does Paul bring up CHILD-