Click Arrow To Start Audio
I TIMOTHY: LESSON 5
I. PAUL INSTRUCTS TIMOTHY AS TO THE PROPER CONDUCT ESPECIALLY IN THE TIMES OF APOSTASY (4:1-
A. Paul warns of apostasy from the faith (v. 1-
1. It will occur in latter times.
2. Description given of its teachers.
3. The specifics of the ascetic teaching given.
4. Facts contradicting the apostasy given.
B. Paul instructs Timothy as to the duty of the good minister of Christ (v. 7-
1. Giving constant warnings and authoritative teaching.
2. Training oneself unto godliness.
3. Laboring in faith.
C. Paul instructs Timothy as to his personal conduct (v. 12-
1. Must be an example of love, faith and purity in word and deed.
2. Must give heed to duties of the ministry for which he had been appointed and equipped.
3. Must be diligent and totally dedicated to the work as a minister.
4. Must take heed to self and his teaching with consistent living.
1. What did the Holy Spirit predict for latter times?
2. The “latter times” refer to:
(a). a time starting from Pentecost to when Jesus returns.
(b). a time that had not occurred when Paul wrote this epistle.
3. How would “seducing spirits” and “demons” cause people to give heed to them?
4. What two specifics would characterize the teaching of the apostasy?
5. A Christian should be a vegetarian. (True) (False)
6. How does prayer “sanctify” God?
7. What TWO areas of teaching should characterize the good minister of Christ?
8. Explain what Timothy was to refuse?
9. Why is training oneself to be godly more profitable than physical exercise?
10. Describe the “HOPE” that Paul had as it relates to:
(a). Doctrine ________________________________________________________.
(b). Service _________________________________________________________.
(c). God ____________________________________________________________.
11. In what ways can one guard against him in his young age being despised?
12, In what THREE areas is Timothy’s ministry connected with the Scriptures?
13. How did prophecy and the presbytery relate to Timothy’s spiritual gift?
14. What TWO things must Timothy do to make true progress in his spiritual ministry?
15. What THREE things are necessary if we are to be successful in saving souls unto Heaven?