Click Arrow To Start Audio
2 TIMOTHY: LESSON 1
I. PAUL’S FOND REMEMBRANCE OF TIMOTHY AND A TIMELY EXHORTATION (1:1-
A. Paul’s Salutation (v.1-
1. Paul is Christ’s apostle according to God’s authority.
2. Apostleship is in keeping with the promise of life.
3. Timothy recipient of letter.
4. Paul’s desires God’s grace – mercy-
B. Paul’s thanksgiving and supplications to God on behalf of Timothy (v. 3-
1. Paul remembers Timothy with thanksgiving in his prayers, night, and day.
2. Paul longs to see Timothy with joy remembering his tears.
3. Paul remembers Timothy’s genuine faith.
a. First in grandmother, Lois
b. Then, in mother, Eunice
C. Paul’s exhortation for Timothy to stir up the miraculous gift that connects with his ministry (v.5-
1. The spirit in the Christian is not fearfulness, but:
1. According to whose will is Paul Christ’s apostle?
2. With what is Paul’s apostleship in harmony?
3. What was Paul’s relationship with Timothy?
4. What distinction is there between “grace” and “mercy”?
5. What is the peace that all should desire?
6. Had Paul’s forefathers served God with a pure conscience?
7. How often was Timothy in Paul’s prayers?
8. Why did Paul long to see Timothy?
9. What kind of faith did Timothy have?
10. Who was first in Timothy’s family to have such a faith?
11. Was Timothy’s “gift” a miraculous one? Explain
12. What does Paul want Timothy to do in connection with his gift?
13. Why should Timothy not be timid or fearful?