Click Arrow To Start Audio
2 TIMOTHY: LESSON 4
II. PAUL WARNS TIMOTHY AGAINST VAIN DISPUTES (2:14-
A. As a “workman,” shun profane babblings (v. 14-
1. Example of false doctrine concerning the resurrection.
B. As an “honored vessel,” flee youthful lusts (v. 20-
2. Refuse foolish and ignorant questionings.
C. As the “Lord’s servant,” do not strive (v. 24-
1. Be gentle.
2. Be apt to teach.
3. Be forbearing.
4. Correct in meekness.
1. Of what things is Timothy to put his brethren in remembrance?
2. Does verse 15 have anything to do with Bible Study?
3. How would Timothy know that he was “approved unto God?”
4. What was Timothy to do about “profane babblings?”
5. Why are these “babblings” so dangerous?
6. What teaching was Hymenaeus and Philetus doing?
7. What two principles form a firm foundation for us in times of false teaching being spread?
8. What was Timothy to “flee?”
9. How does God give those who oppose the truth a heart of repentance?
10. Satan’s snare and captivating will demand God’s miraculous power for one to be recovered. (True) (False)